Article #1 – Feds target 71 medical marijuana dispensaries in L.A. County
- the sale and distribution of marijuana violates federal law
- officials sent warning letters to 68 pot dispensaries, filed forfeiture lawsuits
- most of the pot stores were in Eagle Rock, downtown Los Angeles and Huntington Park
- storefront dispensaries and enormous growing operations proliferated in California, often in brazen defiance of zoning laws and local bans
- Atty. Gen. Eric H. Holder Jr. announced that prosecutors would not target medical marijuana users and caregivers as long as they followed state laws
Article #2 – Feds cracking down on California medical marijuana dispensaries
- Federal prosecutors in California threaten to shut down medical marijuana dispensaries in the state
- sending letters to warn landlords to stop sales of the drug within 45 days or face the possibility that their property will be seized and they will be sent to prison.
- would not target people using medical marijuana in states that allow it.
- focus enforcement efforts on dispensaries and growers that dealt with more than 200 kilograms or a 1,000 plants a year.
- Marin Alliance for Medical Marijuana in Fairfax, Calif. is the oldest dispensary in the state.
- Barack Obama said the federal government should not raid medical marijuana users and caregivers
- Although California was the first state to decriminalize marijuana for medical use in 1996, it remains a federal crime to possess or sell it.
- U.S. attorney for the Bay Area made it that clear she would not allow it
- The latest letters have baffled the state’s medical marijuana activists
Marijuana is one of the world’s most commonly used illegal drugs.Marijuana affects two neurotransmitters which are norepinephrine and dopamine.THC acts on cannabinoid receptors which are found on neurons in many places in the brain. These brain areas are involved in memory, concentration, perception and movement. Marijuana causes relaxation,reduced coordination,reduced blood pressure,and sleepiness.High doses of marijuana can cause hallucinations,delusions,and impaired memory.relaxation is another frequently reported effect in human studies. Effects from marijuana to the body include heightened sensory perception, laughter, altered perception of time, and increase appetite,sleepy,depressed,produce anxiety, fear, distrust, or panic.
Alot of affects of Marijuana use is in the brain.Are populated mostly in the brain but also are in the liver,ribs,and the vertebral column. Cannabis acts like a demer switch for dopamine.
Me personally I think marijuana should be legalized for use by all people because even if you don’t legalize it people still use it so you might as well legalize it to save the trouble.People know what marijuana can do to they health and they brain but some of them still use it so I guess they just goin have to find out the hard way.